• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obligation on car loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom N Bass

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I purchased a used car about three years ago and still have about three years to pay. Unfortunatly I became unemployed several months ago and can no longer afford this car. Upon calling to get them to take the car back, I was told that I would still be responsible for the remainder of the loan. I am living off a retirement pension
(I am too young to receive social security). I was informed they could attach my pension to get the remainder of the loan. Is this true. Can they attach my pension?

racer72

Your pension is considered taxable income and may be garnished. You may wish to explore other options to repossession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">