• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short term disability questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dar756

What is the name of your state?illinois
my company offers short term diasability and long term.
i went on short term on may 2nd with a 5 day elimination period wich i had to take my vacation time. i was told i would receive 12 weeks short term disability pay which then after that if needed my long term would kick in. i received disability pay from may 9th thorugh july 22nd which is technically 11 weeks disability pay and my long term kicked in on july 29. so their is approx. 4 days i did not get paid anything. shouldnt those last 4 days fall under short term. i did not get paid for 2 holidays on that short term either was told since i didnt work i dont get it. my company pays the short term their self and out side company pays long term. the long term company told me that my elimination period is 90days of disability then it kicks in so those 4 days should be my short term. any suggestions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">