• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceived on Job Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scribbles17

What is the name of your state? CA
I worked for a subsidiary of a major corporation. I was hired as Multi-media for the subsidiary but for the major corporation I was under Word Processing. I approached the subsidiairy HR at that time and she said it was a code and there shouldn't be any problems. Now there is because in an interview I had the interviewer say if I was demoted. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to get this corrected? I spoke to the corporate HR and says that they can send me letter but my feeling is that I was deceived into this position. Because if the title from the beginning was Word Processing I would not have spent my four years working there. :confused:

mlane58

Get over it, what makes you think you were decieved, what would your company gain from that?

Oh and what was your question?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If I am understanding you correctly, you have got to be kidding. No, you cannot force them to change your job title.

scribbles17

Multimedia not same as Word Processing

I just want to know if there is anything else I can do or approach it because the subsidiary does not allow references to be provided. When I approached the subsidiary HR she had said they did and it should not be a problem but when I left that changed and said I must go through corporate. Potential employers go through corporate and they are given the period I worked there, salary and job title.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't think of any legal action you can take because you don't like or didn't fully understand your job title.

And I don't know if this is a common practice because I can't for the life of me figure out what you're saying happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">