• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Movers Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcas

We have recently moved within California (from Valencia to San Ramon) with moving company's full packing/storage/moving service. Our insurance coverage was with $500 deductible for any damages to our belongings. During the move-in we have encountered numerous problems with the moving crew as they appeared inexperienced and poorly trained to handle the boxes to prevent breakage/damage.

Sure enough, after unpacking, many broken items were discovered. Of these items, couple of significant ones were Rosewood curio that is approximately 25 years old which cracked at the base and many panels chipped due to poor handling which made the curio unstable for any future move within the house or to another house.

Another item of significance was a vase of approximately $3000 value which was made by a famous pottery maker in Korea. All claims were made, but the insurance company now claims the curio was already damaged pre-move and the damage is due to glue failure and denies any coverage. The vase is also chipped at the lip into many pieces and they area only willing to pay $480 to "repair the vase".

Please inform me if I have any case against them for small claims court, and if you have any advice as to my approach to claim all damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">