• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA ARD Job Application in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psujeep

What is the name of your state? PA, TX

I am applying for a job in TX in the EMS field. It is a city job with a FBI fingerprint background check. I was arrested in PA for DUI 6 years ago. I was in the ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) which I completed without problems, no problems since. My arrest record should have been removed as part of the completing the program. The charges were dropped. I have done a backgorund check in PA with my SS#, no record found. The criminal background question for the new job states:

"Have you been convicted of a crime or have you pled nolo contendere or been granted deferred adjudication within the last ten years?"

Can I answer no to this question? I have never been convicted, I did not plead no contest, and from what I have read TX deferred adjudcation is very different than PA ARD. What I am worried about is the fingerprint check, will my arrest still be there. I was thinking to put see attached and write a letter stating the stituation. I have been offered about 6 EMS jobs since my arrest. Most of those apps ask if I have ever been arrested and answer yes. Thanks for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">