• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carolynportwood

What is the name of your state?alabama my sister has been on disability for around 7 years a credit card company sent her a credit card with a 6,000.00 credit line she only draws around 500.00 per month her disability is partial mental she used the card and could not pay it back now she is being sued in the courts for the entire balance plust late fees this is about 6500.00 total she can not pay this nor can i what do i need to do i can not afford a lawyer
thank you
carolyn portwood
she just received the registered letter today 9-9-05 i only have 14 days to respond

Judgement proof

your sister is judgement proof. she has nothing that can be attatched and they cannot garnish her disability money. So If I were you I would contact them and let them know that and go to court with your sis and bring proof of disability and her mental problems and I guarantee they will look like idiots in this one. imo it is they're fault for giving someone with a mental disability a credit card when they cannot afford to pay. Sound like they are trying to take advantage of her. what they hell were they thinking anyway

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">