• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nikki74

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am filing bankruptcy and we have a mortgage on the home we live in and own a mobile home on 4 lots. There is a family living in the mobile home and has been paying us $275 since August of 2003. 1st payment (down payment)Aug 1, 2nd payment Aug 15, and then on the 15th of each month after. He will pay a total of $8000 with no interest and now we have told him we need the rest of the money paid in full by October 1 this year. He said they still owe $1375, (my figures were a little less, I'd say they aren't counting the down payment towards the $8000). This was our way of getting the money to pay the attorney for filing bankruptcy, plus we figured the creditors would take it if it was still in our name. This has always been a verbal agreement. We also want them to be responsible for any expenses that there are for transfering the deed over to him.

Our attorney said she needs us to get something in writing and everyone needs to sign it and she wants a copy of it. I'd say if we don't then the creditors we are filing against can take it. Can anyone direct me to a website with sample contracts or can anyone come up with one that would work? Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">