• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully terminated - Squeaky wheel gets the axe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chelsie

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have been working for a medical imaging facility in Bend for 3 1/2 years. There have been many changes within the facility and communictation has been minimal. The "Team Leader" system that is in place is very flawed. I am a very vocal person, who always goes to bat for the little guy. I have had personallity conflict with my team leader for some time.

I believe that if you are in a position of leadership, you should lead by example. You should be the best person and employee for the job. I asked to create a better work enviorment, it is your obligation to do all that you can to see that happen. I have talked and talked to the administration. I am always met with that's just her personality, she doesn't like conflict, we know she doesn't meet deadlines, accept things for how they are.

I worked very hard, had each department coming to me with questions and advice (unsolicited), worked without breaks while my team leaders dipped their crackers in coffee, and pulled the weight of others who chose not to do their portion of the job.

I was written-up in Feb, 04 on grounds of attitude. Each topic was addressed and many untrue. I have never been suspended and/or written-up since. I worked all day Sept. 7, 2005 and was terminated that day.

What can I do to be compensated for this wrongful termination and help those I care about not experience the pain I have.

BelizeBreeze

Did you even TRY to look up the legal definition of 'wrongful termination' on this or ANY website before coming here and asking the same question that we've answered more than 1,000 times? :rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Put quite bluntly, you do not have a case for wrongful termination under the facts you have presented, and there is nothing whatsoever you can do to get any kind of compensation at all.

A wrongful termination means that the employer violated the law in violating you for the reason they did. No law prohibits an employer from terming you because you are a chronic complainer, and no law requires that you receive any particular number of warnings or write-ups before you can be legally fired.

It doesn't matter how justified your complaints were; you can still be fired for it.

Unless you were fired for reporting illegal (not unfair activity, not immoral activity, not violations of company policy, but violations of the law) to the appropriate regulatory agency, you are out of luck. File for unemployment and don't be so outspoken next time.

BelizeBreeze

cbg said:
Put quite bluntly, you do not have a case for wrongful termination under the facts you have presented, and there is nothing whatsoever you can do to get any kind of compensation at all.

A wrongful termination means that the employer violated the law in violating you for the reason they did. No law prohibits an employer from terming you because you are a chronic complainer, and no law requires that you receive any particular number of warnings or write-ups before you can be legally fired.

It doesn't matter how justified your complaints were; you can still be fired for it.

Unless you were fired for reporting illegal (not unfair activity, not immoral activity, not violations of company policy, but violations of the law) to the appropriate regulatory agency, you are out of luck. File for unemployment and don't be so outspoken next time.
TRANSLATION: If you don't like the way the company is run, keep your mouth shut and find a new job :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">