• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-competition clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsanvatsarkar

What is the name of your state? New York.

I signed an agreement containing a non-competition clause at the start of my employment which is based in Pennsylvania state. The non-competition clause says for a one year period I can not take a full time employment with my companies client or companies client's to client.

After more than five years of continues service working with low salary and no salary revision for last four years, I decided to quite my company and join a company where I was working as consultant through another two more consultancy company involved. Meaning my company did contract with a company based in Pennsylvania state (A), Pennsylvania based company did contract with New York based company (B) and New York based company did contract with another company based in New York (C). I have join the last company based in New York (C).

Can my employer prevent me from working for a company based in New York (Company "C" mentioned above)?

Thank you...
Ramesh Sanvatsarkar

BelizeBreeze

rsanvatsarkar said:
What is the name of your state? New York.

I signed an agreement containing a non-competition clause at the start of my employment which is based in Pennsylvania state. The non-competition clause says for a one year period I can not take a full time employment with my companies client or companies client's to client.

After more than five years of continues service working with low salary and no salary revision for last four years, I decided to quite my company and join a company where I was working as consultant through another two more consultancy company involved. Meaning my company did contract with a company based in Pennsylvania state (A), Pennsylvania based company did contract with New York based company (B) and New York based company did contract with another company based in New York (C). I have join the last company based in New York (C).

Can my employer prevent me from working for a company based in New York (Company "C" mentioned above)?

Thank you...
Ramesh Sanvatsarkar
Yep. sure can. So, why don't you hold up the contract to the monitor so we can read it in it's entirity and offer any other valid advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">