• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfull termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nngirlkf

What is the name of your state?Arizona
I was working for an Orthodontic who works under a big corporation (orthodontic Centers of Arizona) The Dr. Ex wife hired me about 9 months I had gotton fired on Friday last week because I had to take my 3 year old to the Dr.now that morning the office manager came by my house saw my son and said the get him into the emergency. the next day Sat. The Dr's Ex wife called me up and fired me because she said I did not call her now this women was in Seatle Washington,and she said every thing must go threw her! Well to make a long story short the ex wife is not employed by corporate office infact corporate had cut Doc's pay because she was still there . (OCA) does she actually have any authoraty to hire and fire? and being that I had told the office manager what was going on and I was not going to be at work that day inwich When I was hired I was only hired to work mon - thurs untill a couple months ago The ex wife decided to have front office work fri. well My son had a broken nose I I had to take him to the emergency. and the next day when the ex wife had called yelling at me that I was fired Im a single mom with two small children 2and 3 years old I just bursted into tears!
there is no paper work no termination papers no nothing does she have any legal right to do this not to mention the verbal threating that she does to the employees in the office. theres so much more that I have documented WHAT CAN I DO? http://[email protected]

Last edited:

nngirlkf said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona
I was working for an Orthodontic who works under a big corporation (orthodontic Centers of Arizona) The Dr. Ex wife hired me about 9 months I had gotton fired on Friday last week because I had to take my 3 year old to the Dr.now that morning the office manager came by my house saw my son and said the get him into the emergency. the next day Sat. The Dr's Ex wife called me up and fired me because she said I did not call her now this women was in Seatle Washington,and she said every thing must go threw her! Well to make a long story short the ex wife is not employed by corporate office infact corporate had cut Doc's pay because she was still there . (OCA) does she actually have any authoraty to hire and fire? and being that I had told the office manager what was going on and I was not going to be at work that day inwich When I was hired I was only hired to work mon - thurs untill a couple months ago The ex wife decided to have front office work fri. well My son had a broken nose I I had to take him to the emergency. and the next day when the ex wife had called yelling at me that I was fired Im a single mom with two small children 2and 3 years old I just bursted into tears!
there is no paper work no termination papers no nothing does she have any legal right to do this not to mention the verbal threating that she does to the employees in the office. theres so much more that I have documented WHAT CAN I DO? http://[email protected]

This just happened one week ago? It's a little hard to understand. The ex wife fired you b/c you didn't go through her. There is no documentation that she fired you, can you contact the company and tell them what happened, ask *them* what her authority is? And then have the office manager talk to whomever has the authority to deal with your employment, and tell them what happened? Who is in washington? And can you talk to the Husband? he is who you were working for right?

Last edited:

nngirlkf

Arizona
I worked for OCA (Orthodontic Centers of Arizona)and I was fired last week
by the ex wife of the Doctor that I work for she is not an employee of OCA
I've been working for Dr H for 9 months and a week ago the ex wife who was in seatle washington with her new fieance had fired me on sat the day after because I did not go to work on friday and I did not call her well the fact of the matter is the office manager my manager came by my house friday morning and I had told her that I was notgoing in because of my 3 year old had a brken nose and she said fine she went into work told Dr. H. and then the following day the ex wife called me and fired me and there is no paper work it was over the phone and she was yelling at me the whole time.
and now a week later still I have not been to work i've emailed corporate office and they had called the doctor and told him get her out of the office or hellhave to turn his 3 offices over to another doctor but i still have not heard from no one what should i do does she have authority to do this or not !

nngirlkf said:
Arizona
I worked for OCA (Orthodontic Centers of Arizona)and I was fired last week
by the ex wife of the Doctor that I work for she is not an employee of OCA
I've been working for Dr H for 9 months and a week ago the ex wife who was in seatle washington with her new fieance had fired me on sat the day after because I did not go to work on friday and I did not call her well the fact of the matter is the office manager my manager came by my house friday morning and I had told her that I was notgoing in because of my 3 year old had a brken nose and she said fine she went into work told Dr. H. and then the following day the ex wife called me and fired me and there is no paper work it was over the phone and she was yelling at me the whole time.
and now a week later still I have not been to work i've emailed corporate office and they had called the doctor and told him get her out of the office or hellhave to turn his 3 offices over to another doctor but i still have not heard from no one what should i do does she have authority to do this or not !

Why not call the corporate office, ask them what's the story with what she did, they'll tell you, and if/when they say she has no authority, just tell them you are ready to go back to work as usual. This woman sounds nuts, i'm sure they are well aware of that. Just call, no emailing. And *then* you can find out what your rights are, k?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The bottom line is that you are going to have to work this out internally. This does NOT meet the legal definition of a wrongful termination under the law, even though it may violate company policy. She has the authority to hire and fire IF the company either grants it to her or refuses to override her, regardless of her status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">