• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I would like to start up an employer research database

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erich5470

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I am a lead person for a plastics company.
Since employers are allowed to report information pertaining to why you were fired and your conduct; I would like to setup an online database where job applicants can research the employment and company problems and complaints reported/posted by previous employees. Also I would like to give a section where customers can report how they were treated and potential applicants can give repots of unfair practecies that the company has performed ion the past. Sort of like a temporary agency that does for applicants what they are now doing for employers.

I would like to know if it would be legal for me to do this?
And some ideas of what types of things I would have to be aware of or watch out for where I may get into trouble.

The reason being is because I have worked at places where the employer wanted to get rid of someone.. so they made them clean toilets and used toilet paper from the waste basket... even while they knew that certain employees of theirs had hepititis 'C' and other transmittable diseases.
I have seen employers treat their employees like crap because they knew that the employee had no other option but to put up with the harrassment. and I have seen employers pre-judge applicants through the rfeceptionist.. things like throw his application in the trash because he is white and wont be able to prove that he applied here if you throw his application away.

Sincerely,
EricH5470

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">