• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone Company Wrongfully Cancelled Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akhans_1

What is the name of your state? VA

My cell phone provider made an error and did not have record of a payment that I made. I have a record for that payment. Because they messed up on this payment they suspended my service then cancelled my phone one right after the other.

They claim I was 3 months behind, when I wasn't because I had made my payment. So without any notice they cancelled my service and lost my phone number and another number that was on the account.

Since I have proof that I made a payment can they still hold me to the $150 termination fee per line if i decide not to re-activate? They have also told me that I would have to go through a credit check and get a new number if I wanted my phone service back, so basically they terminated the contract on an error on their part.

Can they legally be entitiled to the termnation fee??

Thanks in advance

dgalmo

Even if it was a mess up on their part, they will hold you responsible. If they can not come up with a good reason why, they will say you verbally agreed (Verbal Contract) to whatever it is they have done.

Problem is, you always talk to Customer Service, and they really dont have the authority to do hardly anything. If you can not get ahold of the corporate office, slim chance, then submit a complaint to the FCC and the BBB. They both have complaint submission forms on their websites. This way, your mobile service WILL call you back and that person WILL have authority to do something about the matter. I am currently awaiting a response to my complaints, I'll post my results on my thread of "How do companies lie and get away with it"

akhans_1 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

My cell phone provider made an error and did not have record of a payment that I made. I have a record for that payment. Because they messed up on this payment they suspended my service then cancelled my phone one right after the other.

They claim I was 3 months behind, when I wasn't because I had made my payment. So without any notice they cancelled my service and lost my phone number and another number that was on the account.

Since I have proof that I made a payment can they still hold me to the $150 termination fee per line if i decide not to re-activate? They have also told me that I would have to go through a credit check and get a new number if I wanted my phone service back, so basically they terminated the contract on an error on their part.

Can they legally be entitiled to the termnation fee??

Thanks in advance
How long was the accout cancelled for that to happen???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">