• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extortion with wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runedragon

July 15, 2005
actor is owner of a Roofing Co. in Pasadena and Owner of the apartment building . in Pasadena committed an illegal act of extortion against me.
Now I was an employee for actors roofing company along with being a resident and manager at his apartment building. I have been manager for seven of the eight years that I have resided at . and have always done my job and well having no complaints.
Now upon arriving at actors office on july 15 around four o’clock in the afternoon I proceeded to talk to actor and get paid for work that week. The amount owed was 670.00 for four days work in Van Nuys what I was given was only 300.00. Now due to a issue that had taken place at actors apartment building, where I live and manage for actor , that involved a tenant of his who also happened to be a personal friend of mine that resulted in some rent not getting paid and actor believing that since we were friends that I should have to pay that money says that he’s just going to keep the other 370.00,owed to me for work that week, towards that back rent. I told actor that he can not do that it is illegal and if you think that I should have to pay that other tenants rent you have to sue me. I then told him that I would have no problem with going to court with him to retrieve the over due rent from the person who really owes it to him, the prior tenant, but actor preceeded to take matters in his own hands legal or not. I then said to actor that I still was not going to pay him money that I did not owe! , so now what? actor then replied, “Oh! Yes you will! Or you just wont be the manager at the apartment building anymore.” Which means no more free rent and now with out a job no more place to live. I replied, “That is extortion it’s against the law and you cant do that.” He said Oh! Yes I can. So I told him that’s wrong and as far as finishing the rest of that job for you you can forget and I’m going to go get my tools. He said fine I’ll get someone else I then turned and left.

? Do I have a strong case here?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">