• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbr

What is the name of your state? PA
I am a travel nurse employed in a PA Hospital. I work through a national agency whose local office is in NY.

I called in Ill reporting to the charge RN that I had suffered a Blood clot in my leg earlier that week and was given a return to work date of Sept 7.

I missed one day and returned to work the day following calling in.

That night I was seen in the Emergency Room where I was employed for complications of the blood clot. While in the ER being seen, I received a cell call from my NY employment agency stating that they had heard a rumor that I was ill with a blood clot in the leg.

After discharge I took my Return to work papers to the nurse manager. I asked her how my Agency found out this information. She stated that she told the nurse recruiter this and she called them.

I confirmed this with my Agency. Stating they received the call the day I called in ill rather than the day that I was seen In their ER. I complained to administration that the information regarding my blood clot should have stopped at the nurse manager.
I feel that they should not have told my agency as that was my responsibility not theirs and therefore a HIPPA violation.

I received a phone call from my agency later that afternoon stating that the hospital had fired me citing poor documentaion of nurses notes calling in ill, expressing disatisfaction for being pulled to a different ICU that night.

pojo2

You titled this wrongful termination and barring a contract that states differently and a few discrimination issues they can let you go at will.

BelizeBreeze

tcbr said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I am a travel nurse employed in a PA Hospital. I work through a national agency whose local office is in NY.

I called in Ill reporting to the charge RN that I had suffered a Blood clot in my leg earlier that week and was given a return to work date of Sept 7.

I missed one day and returned to work the day following calling in.

That night I was seen in the Emergency Room where I was employed for complications of the blood clot. While in the ER being seen, I received a cell call from my NY employment agency stating that they had heard a rumor that I was ill with a blood clot in the leg.

After discharge I took my Return to work papers to the nurse manager. I asked her how my Agency found out this information. She stated that she told the nurse recruiter this and she called them.

I confirmed this with my Agency. Stating they received the call the day I called in ill rather than the day that I was seen In their ER. I complained to administration that the information regarding my blood clot should have stopped at the nurse manager.
I feel that they should not have told my agency as that was my responsibility not theirs and therefore a HIPPA violation.

I received a phone call from my agency later that afternoon stating that the hospital had fired me citing poor documentaion of nurses notes calling in ill, expressing disatisfaction for being pulled to a different ICU that night.
You have no claim. Your BOSS is your agency, NOT the charge nurse.

tcbr

thanks but you are wrong

My boss is in fact the Nurse Manager. She in fact fired me. My contract says that in fact I am obligated to follow the rules and regulations of the Hospital no mention of any agency rules or regulations other than fulfilling the hours set forth by the contract.

By the way I find your quote offensive

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

tcbr said:
My boss is in fact the Nurse Manager. She in fact fired me. My contract says that in fact I am obligated to follow the rules and regulations of the Hospital no mention of any agency rules or regulations other than fulfilling the hours set forth by the contract.

By the way I find your quote offensive
you were placed at the hospital by a placement (temporary) agency which holds the contract for your job. You are answerable to the charge nurse for your actions. EITHER the immediate supervisor OR your contracting agency has the right to fire you.

And this has NOTHING whatsoever to do with wrongful termination. Now, sit in front of a law dictionary and look up 'wrongful termination'.

Last edited by a moderator:

tcbr

BelizeBreeze said:
you were placed at the hospital by a placement (temporary) agency which holds the contract for your job. You are answerable to the charge nurse for your actions. EITHER the immediate supervisor OR your contracting agency has the right to fire you.

And this has NOTHING whatsoever to do with wrongful termination. Now, sit in front of a law dictionary and look up 'wrongful termination'.

You obviously need an outlet for your agressive anti-social needs so I suppose this forum provides that for you, better here than for you to actually go out and kill some one who disagrees with your opinion or your offensive statment, so go on and have your fun while you belittle others .

Last edited by a moderator:

tcbr

Time to start taking you lithium again

It is obvious from reading just a few of your replies that you have nothing to offer anyone but criticism.
You are not being helpful to anyone .
You look down your nose at anyone whom you consider less intelligent than you.
You are unwilling to allow anyone their ignorance in legal matters to ask and recieve a valid and helpful response, Rather than a sarcastic putdown.
I suspect you have probably failed at everything that you have attempted in life and find this outlet somehow what you need. However what you need is some serious psychiatric help.
You could voluntarily sign yourself in to a Mental Hospital and leave your computer behind.
You might even get better and be able to lead a productive life.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether you like BB's phraseology or not, he is nonetheless correct.

Nothing in your post suggests that you have a wrongful termination case.

OR a HIPAA violation, since, as I pointed out in your duplicate post, in the workplace information that you yourself provide is not protected under HIPAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">