• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to apply for a job but have a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lakl1190

What is the name of your state? NJ

I had to pay a store a fine of $151.61 as they thought I had tried to steal a candy bar (case of doing somethig hurridly as i was running late to pick up my daughter and I stupidly did not check the cart properly )from there store due to intense pressure from the store detective saying the reason did not matter since i had something that i did not pay for it made me criminal,after being given the option to either pay up or they would call the cops i was asked to pay 150 fine + the $1.61 retail value of the candy.which i did ,now they sent me letter of general release saying they discharge me of all suits action claims liability arising pursuant to title 2A of newjersey permenant statues, section 61c-1.
Now when I go for a employment check will this appear on my [/B] records? :confused: and harm my chance of employment?[/B] please help I desperatly need to work. Thanks in advance.

Beth3

It does not appear you were ever charged with a crime, much less prosecuted. The store agreed not to pursue any criminal charges in exchange for your paying them a fine.

Assuming that is the case, then you have no criminal record and there is no history of the incident other than in the private files of the store.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">