• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noncompete

FloridaWhat is the name of your state?

I am being asked to sign a non compete clause for a new sales job. I heard that since Florida is a "right to work state" non compete clauses are not enforceable. Is this correct? Should I sign this document? It states that if I voluntarily or involuntarily leave the comapny I can not work for a competitor. Is this valid?

Beth3

I heard that since Florida is a "right to work state" non compete clauses are not enforceable. Is this correct? No, it's not correct. Right to work means you can't be forced to join a union as a condition of employment.

If you want to know whether the non-compete agreement is valid, you're going to have to show it to a local qualified attorney. What constitutes a valid non-compete varies greatly from State to State and no one here can comment on a contract they haven't seen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">