• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got terminated as of yesterday ! illegible for UI ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkowen531

What is the name of your state?
WA state

Hello :)
After going through all resources found online, I came her for actual legal advice or help as WA state site doesn't have specifice cases listed.
Hope someone out there can give me some input.

My husband just got terminated as of yesterday without any kind of
warning.... The store invester-owners just came in to the store and
told him they are letting him go.
Apparently, the reasons were because he was not respectful to them and
did not follow their orders sometimes.
For his defense, he had two (partners) owners and their wives all
involved in the business and none of them had very clear ideas of
how that particular business should be run (they were investors, mostly),
they all ordered my husband ; he had four bosses !
Very Very stressful situation not having a clear line of command.
Anyhow, this put him in the difficult position and looks like one of the wives
got tired of his attitude, which is him not listening what she tells him to do.
That kind of thing was mentioned at the termination meeting.
In this particular case, can he collect his UI benefits ? Or what the employers
are claiming is considered as "misconduct" ?

He applied for UI online first thing this morning but we are very
worried if he is accepted.
I understand something like this can be case by case but
is this the kind of the thing he will have to go to appeal and they have to
make a decision from what employers says ??
Please help. We are just so worried about the sadden unexpected situation .
Thank you in advance !

Last edited:

lexi48

I was terminated....

I don't know about the Washington state rules as I don't live there but I went thru the exact same thing. Because I said I was fired on my application for UI they told me that they were sending me a form to fill out and return and that they would be contacting me. The form asked for the last incident that lead up to my being fired. I filled out the form so completely that when they called me they said they did not need to interview me. I did ask what my former employer said and they said they had not heard back from them yet and I would hear from them in 10-14 days or maybe sooner. Two days later I got a letter saying I was accepted and that my former employer had never responded.

I don't know your whole situation. Were there alot of times this supervisor told your husband what to do and he didnt listen or was it just a few times? What were some of the thinks they told him to do? Were they big things or just small things? Do you know if UI is going to contact your husband and talk to him or contact the employer? That is what they do in KS if you say you were fired. Were there any other things they said he was being fired for? I would think there should have been a warning of some type before they just fired him. If they didnt, he may want to look into that because maybe they were suppose to and didnt and then maybe you would have a case against the employer. I wish you luck. Hopefully things will fall his way. Please keep us posted.

Lexi

Sockeye

I work HR in WA State and the Labor Dept. is very employee friendly. If he was fired for other than theft, fighting, intoxication or similar gross misconduct he will likely be able to collect. Notification of his claim will go to the employer, they can refute if the wish to but the ultimate desicion is with the UI office.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sockeye is in the best position to judge but in my state it is also likely that he would collect. In my state the primary factor is generally, did the employee know that his job was in jeopardy? So if he never received any warnings that his employment was threatened by his attitude, the strong likelihood is that he would be able to collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">