• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inconclusive drug test.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dangit0804

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

A few weeks ago my boyfriend was injured at work. He was sent the ER, where he was told he would be out of work for a minimum of 1 week. After receiving this information, we headed straight to his employer and gave them all that we had. They then informed us then that a drug test would need to be taken. The employer only said a drug test would need to be taken, but no specifics were given. We went bright and early the next morning, and a week later received the news that he did not pass his test. Now, we are at a loss as to what to do.
While in the waiting room at the clinic, someone else in the room told me that a drug test that wasn't completed on the day of the injury wouldn't be admissable. Is this true? Is there any way we can fight this?
We understand that drugs are against the company policy, and therefore are not expecting him to still have a job, but we are extremely worried about the medical bills that are racking up. Especially since he is unable to work for the time being.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tjr5150

All states are different, but yes this is legal.. I was hurt at my job and did'nt go to the doctor for a month and ended up going to er, I got a drug test.. This is a policy most company's adhere by..

e3mrk

Was he on prescribed pain med's when he had the drug test done?
alot of companies use any means they can think of to get rid of a injured worker and the drug test is a popular one.
I would not think a drug test would be valid since if he was on pain med's they would show up in the test. Your best bet would be to speak with a attorney about this.I know for a fact that if a person eats anything with poppy seed's in it the test shows up as he is on drugs so I would ask about it.

BelizeBreeze

Contact a Worker's Comp attorney for an initial consultation. Also, read 23-1021. Right of employee to compensation; definitions of the ARIZONA REVISED STATUTES; Relating to Drug Testing of Employees.

The latest amendments can be found here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">