• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm back, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nejilted1

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I think I need a bit advice as to what to do in my situation:
I'm renting a room from a woman who's renting a house. We have a yearly lease that commenced on Aug 1, 03 to Aug 1, 05. In May, I was accepted into the Disney World College Program and went there to work from the end of May until the beginning of Sept. The whole time I was gone I continued to pay rent at the full amount agreed upon by the lease. However, she never sent any receipts back 2 me that i'd paid. My program wasn't to end until Jan, but I came home early and wanted to suprise all my friends with my appearance. However, I received the suprise instead when I got home to find that most of the furniture in the house was gone and I later found out that she's in the process of moving in with some guy right next door. She never told me and i never received any kind of notice. I came home with my rent money order in my hand but have yet to be able to contact her to give it to her.
I am not locked out and there are still utilities running. However, for the expection of the living and dining rooms, the house is basically unliviable. Even my room that i've been paying rent for looks like a storage closet and w/o a bed to sleep on! I've taken pictures. However she just left a message on my answering maching stating that she was moving out by the 20th and that i can come by and get my stuff or she can store it for me. I'm not sure of what to do. Can I take her to court for unlawful outster or failer to notify or should i just suck it up and get my things out and find someplace else to live?

nejilted1

Anyone help?

Is there anyone who can help with my issue? My landlord/roommate is moving out as of the 20th and I really need to know what course of action to take before it's too late.
Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">