• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracting on my own in michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acknot

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hi all. I've been a computer/networking tech for 5 years and I'm thinking about going out on my own.

I currently work for a small company which is set up as a corporation. Several of the clients I service have asked me if I plan on starting my own company as they would much prefer to deal with me directly.

I have never signed any kind of non compete clause. There is no company or employee handbook that I have ever been issued or heard of. I've checked with other employees, none of them have ever heard of the existence of one either.

If I form a LLC and take on these clients as an contractor and my boss finds out, what kind of legal action might I be exposing myself to?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">