• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bally's account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shameka28

shameka28 from NY.

I opened a bally's acount in oct of last year. After opening it I realized that i no longer wanted the membership so i went back in about 15 min later to cancell and they told that had already sent my contract out {mind you it was 8pm when I went in} they told me I had to send all my paper work to norwalk ca, and it had to be there in 3days ok I did that, no one knows anything about me sending it back to be cancelled. so now what do I do.
I also notice that the contract was printed with my wrong social sercurity number, does this make it null and void.

You Are Guilty

shameka28 said:
shameka28 from NY.
I opened a bally's acount in oct of last year.
October 2004? As in, 11 months ago?

shameka28 said:
After opening it I realized that i no longer wanted the membership so i went back in about 15 min later to cancell and they told that had already sent my contract out {mind you it was 8pm when I went in}
We have this great new invention called a "fax machine". You ought to look into getting one, they're marvelous.

shameka28 said:
they told me I had to send all my paper work to norwalk ca, and it had to be there in 3days ok I did that, no one knows anything about me sending it back to be cancelled.
Well, that's why they work in a gym and aren't lawyers. Unless there was something in your contract that permitted you 3 days to cancel, then they mistook the NY law that lets you cancel contracts you sign in your house within three days.

Now, speaking from personal experience, a number of years ago, I signed a Ballys contract (before I went away to college). I ended up breaking the contract, but it took me a long time, and I do not recall them offering a 3-day "grace period" to cancel. So unless they changed their contract and added that clause (which does not help them at all, so I doubt it), then you're out of luck.

shameka28 said:
so now what do I do.
I suggest about 20 minutes on the stairmaster or treadmill, followed by 5 sets of 8 repetitions of bench press, preacher curls and lat pulldowns.

I also notice that the contract was printed with my wrong social sercurity number, does this make it null and void.
Afraid not.

similar

check the law

New York state law

I have been researching contract laws in NY. I believe that "fitness clubs, gyms, etc" are covered under the 72 hour return clause. Look up contract cancellation or refunds on the CataLaw website. You should have been released from the contract. They would required your request in writing however. You would have to have proof that it was sent to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">