• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Movers Deny Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TTaylor31

Moved from CA to TX. Movers put household goods in storage. When we picked them up we brought a rental truck. Storage company (same as moving company) said leave the truck they will pack it. Picked up the truck & signed a HHgoods inventory list. It said "owners signature at destination means all items loaded have been received & obvious loss or damage has been noted. signing the inventory does not waive any right to file a claim" When we got home & unpacked found items missing. Called movers. They said file a claim & they would put out a trace on the items. Trace came back negative. Movers denied my claim because they said I signed the HHGoods inventory & they were not responsible because if anything was missing there would have been boxes missing & that I signed the HHGoods inventory list & by doing so I was saying all my belongings were there. When I said that the HHGoods inventory list says "obvious loss" & that " signing does not waive any right to file a claim" I was told that the boxes were numbered & if anything was missing I was responsible for the loss & that they did accept my claim so my rights there were not denied. Did I sign away my right to be compensated for my losses? Should I invest in a lawyer?

D

DaintyLinc

It prob wd be well worth a half hour or so Lawyer consultation fee to check on your rights in this matter.You won't have much financil obligation as they can tell u on the phone how much they charge for half hour or so. We've gone this route a couple of times and their advice was so helpful, it has almost immediately solved our problems without a lot of time on our part. They offer concise quick resolutions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">