• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As an LLC member what an I entitled to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ITCoast

What is the name of your state? NH

I am a member of an LLC in New Hampshire. I have invested in this company and receive a K-1 every year showing that I am an Individual partner with 10% "Ownership of Capital". Does this ownership entitle me to to request financial information about the company? What type of financial information should I be allowed to see? I am asking because I would like to see my ownership interest and have been denied information that I requested.

JETX

ITCoast said:
I am a member of an LLC in New Hampshire. I have invested in this company and receive a K-1 every year showing that I am an Individual partner with 10% "Ownership of Capital". Does this ownership entitle me to to request financial information about the company? What type of financial information should I be allowed to see? I am asking because I would like to see my ownership interest and have been denied information that I requested.
What do the LLC 'Articles and/or By Laws' say about owners access to data??
Have you made this request in WRITING?
Have you asked to review their records during normal business hours?

ITCoast

I have made the request in writing

I have made the request in writing and there are no By Laws on file for this company. I am told that the operation of the company defaults to the statutory laws of the state that govern how an LLC operates.

The Managing Partner of this company (owns 60%) and myself had a falling out. Since then I have been denied access to all company information. The company is doing well and I would like to sell my ownership interest.

JETX

ITCoast said:
I have made the request in writing and there are no By Laws on file for this company. I am told that the operation of the company defaults to the statutory laws of the state that govern how an LLC operates.

The Managing Partner of this company (owns 60%) and myself had a falling out. Since then I have been denied access to all company information. The company is doing well and I would like to sell my ownership interest.
Then you are going to have to get a local attorney to review ALL of your documents and make a demand for inspection on your behalf. If necessary, the attorney can get an order from a court demanding inspection. And yes, this will require an attorney. It is far too complex for a layperson to try to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">