• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about employee review process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelo1

What is the name of your state? NY

I recedntly sat through an employee review process where HR, and Senior Management, presented this question to me. "If you only had X amount of seats on a life boat, who would you throw off?"

This example was used during the formal review process as well as during a preliminary meeeting to discuss a number of items, including the reviews.

To make a long story short, I have been offered a trnasition package and will leave the company shortly. I'm wondering if...

A - I was thrown off of the life boat by my boss.

B - If there is any recourse for being put in a position to have to decide who I would essentially "murder" in such a scenario.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) It would appear so; however, nothing in your post suggests that any laws were violated.

2.) No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">