• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working for an Individual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bekanclark

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state South carolina

I was working for an individual who was building a duplex. The duplex is owned by this person. I fell and got hurt while I was working. The owners insisted I go to a private hospital (as opposed to a county hospital), I assumed that since she took care of the paper work that she would have the bill sent to herself, so that she could pay it. She did not, I recieved the bill. I have asked them several times to pay it and do not get an answer. My question is can I sue them for the hospital bill? I do not want extra money for me just want my hospital bill paid.

Beth3

I suggest you start by calling SC's Worker's Compensation Division. If the employer is responsible for your medical bill, then the State will require them to pay it. If you were working for a private individual instead of an "employer," then the State may well be unable to help you in which case you may have to sue in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">