• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tattoo and the Artist who wont give up the drawing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ffcat128

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My fiance and I went to a tattoo shop where we talk to one of the artist. They artisit told us he could do a drawing of the tattoo my fiance wanted and we could pick it up in a few days. Before we left the guy told us to put down a $ 20 deposit towards the Tattoo and the Drawing. My fiance called the day he was supposed to come see the drawing and the guy said it had been taken to another tattoo shop on accident and he would get it back. Today my fiance went into the shop and saw the drawing. He didn't like it and asked the guy for the drawing since it was his idea and he had told the artisit want he wanted. The guy said he wouldn't let it go for less than $80 and my fiance couldn't have his deposit back. Right now all he wants is the drawing since he payed for it and it was his idea OR to have the guy rip the drawing up. Does he have the right to take my fiance deposit seeing that he wont refund it or give us the drawing of the idea my fiance had? Can anyone give me some advice on how to go on this cause it doesnt seem fair and normally if u put a deposit down u get the money or in this case we should get the drawing since we payed him $20.

divgradcurl

ffcat128 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My fiance and I went to a tattoo shop where we talk to one of the artist. They artisit told us he could do a drawing of the tattoo my fiance wanted and we could pick it up in a few days. Before we left the guy told us to put down a $ 20 deposit towards the Tattoo and the Drawing. My fiance called the day he was supposed to come see the drawing and the guy said it had been taken to another tattoo shop on accident and he would get it back. Today my fiance went into the shop and saw the drawing. He didn't like it and asked the guy for the drawing since it was his idea and he had told the artisit want he wanted. The guy said he wouldn't let it go for less than $80 and my fiance couldn't have his deposit back. Right now all he wants is the drawing since he payed for it and it was his idea OR to have the guy rip the drawing up. Does he have the right to take my fiance deposit seeing that he wont refund it or give us the drawing of the idea my fiance had? Can anyone give me some advice on how to go on this cause it doesnt seem fair and normally if u put a deposit down u get the money or in this case we should get the drawing since we payed him $20.
You are talking about $20 -- forget about it. You may technically have a case, but it doesn't sound like you have anything in writing, plus how much time and effort are you willing to invest to recover $20?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">