• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am an idiot!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sda1234

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Mexico
I wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice and if I even have a case. To give some background, I was in a relationship and a few months after the start of this relationship, he was incarcerated. During the 12 months of his incarceration, I sent money to him for his "so called needs". I sent him over $3,000 for various things he said he needed. All along it was a "verbal agreement" for him to pay me back once he was released. He has now been out for 3 months and has yet to give me a dime. I am getting impatient, and am considering small claims, I have documentation to show most of the money I sent him. I know it was stupid to do it, but I guess we are blinded by love sometimes. Please don't judge my stupidity, just whether or not I may have a case or not. Thank you so much! :mad:

HomeGuru

sda1234 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Mexico
I wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice and if I even have a case. To give some background, I was in a relationship and a few months after the start of this relationship, he was incarcerated. During the 12 months of his incarceration, I sent money to him for his "so called needs". I sent him over $3,000 for various things he said he needed. All along it was a "verbal agreement" for him to pay me back once he was released. He has now been out for 3 months and has yet to give me a dime. I am getting impatient, and am considering small claims, I have documentation to show most of the money I sent him. I know it was stupid to do it, but I guess we are blinded by love sometimes. Please don't judge my stupidity, just whether or not I may have a case or not. Thank you so much! :mad:

**A: yes, you have a case so put him back in jail.
What "so called needs" did he need in jail? Bubba don't charge.

sda1234

First of all LOL; I kind of wondered about bubba myself! My next question is I am in New Mexico, and he is in Colorado. Can I file here, or would I have to file in Colorado?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">