• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was hurt at work and not taken to hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RKsGirl9

What is the name of your state?Pa
I went into work at 9pm june 7th 2005, around midnight i had a injury to my right foot- i had a crush injury.they never ask me to go to the hospital. I had to go back to work to finish out my shift. in next morning at 6am when i got home and went to bed for about 2 hours. i woke up due to my right foot throbbing and swelled very big. I called work to see if I can go seek medical treatment.now almost four months later I am still suffering with the pain and swelling of my foot.My employer wants me to be able to put a steel toed shoe on and go back to work.but my foot will not quit swelling.I got an attorney to fight for my workers comp but the employer and their attorney will not provide any of my wages to my attorney.can someone help me Please tell me what to do.

panzertanker

RKsGirl9 said:
What is the name of your state?Pa
I went into work at 9pm june 7th 2005, around midnight i had a injury to my right foot- i had a crush injury.they never ask me to go to the hospital. I had to go back to work to finish out my shift. in next morning at 6am when i got home and went to bed for about 2 hours. i woke up due to my right foot throbbing and swelled very big. I called work to see if I can go seek medical treatment.now almost four months later I am still suffering with the pain and swelling of my foot.My employer wants me to be able to put a steel toed shoe on and go back to work.but my foot will not quit swelling.I got an attorney to fight for my workers comp but the employer and their attorney will not provide any of my wages to my attorney.can someone help me Please tell me what to do.
Ask your attorney....?

Beth3

If you needed medical attention back when you were first injured, why didn't you take yourself off to the doctor or a hospital? You don't need your employer's permission to be treated for an injury. You only need to inform them that you are doing so.

Anyway, you need to ask your attorney what can be done about the present situation. That's what you're paying him for. By the way, PA is one of the States that require an employeer to allow an employee access to their personnel file upon the employee's request. I would expect your attorney to know that. That would provide at least some of the information he is seeking.

tjr5150

Did you fill out a incident report? Did they ask if you needed to go to the hospital? or did you say you need to go... Did they ask if you could wait till morning to see their doctor? Did you even go to a doctor? If so what did they say they thought was the problem... Tell your attorney what your wages were at the time, provide check stubs to him,her..

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although it is correct that PA requires an employer to give an employee access to their file, the law goes on to explicitly state that the file may not be copied or to be removed from the location where it is accessed. So to give your attorney access to your personnel file, he would have to go with you to view the file, and the employer is not required to allow that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">