• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on getting fired because of schedule change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NinjaKick

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was just wondering if it is legal to fire someone because the schedule was changed without the employee being notified, and then them not showing up for work?

It hasn't happened to me, but it was something I was curious about... And I'm getting tired of my manager changing around shifts without telling anyone.

It would make it a little better if we could call and get our schedule but we aren't allowed to call and ask if we work or not. So we have to drive there just to find out or not. Ridiculous I think.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think it's ridiculous too, but unfortunately it would not be illegal for someone to be fired for this reason.

Beth3

They don't announce the work schedule in advance and won't even let you call to see if you're scheduled to work? Yes, that certainly is ridiculous. I'd be looking for a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">