• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title to my trade-in clear & still in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonyarenee1972

What is the name of your state?Alabama - I traded in a car for a new car. Maybe I'm confused, but isn't the bank that held the loan (and title) to my trade-in, and the loan is paid off, supposed to send the title to the dealership who now has my trade-in? The bank sent the title to me, I sent it to DMV and now its a clear title with no transfer of ownership.

JETX

tonyarenee1972 said:
What is the name of your state?Alabama - I traded in a car for a new car. Maybe I'm confused, but isn't the bank that held the loan (and title) to my trade-in, and the loan is paid off, supposed to send the title to the dealership who now has my trade-in? The bank sent the title to me, I sent it to DMV and now its a clear title with no transfer of ownership.
Probably not. When the title is transferred to another owner, the state issues a new title in that persons name. Your 'clear title' is pretty much worthless. Get enough of them and you can wallpaper your room. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">