• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helen kline

What is the name of your state?Florida
IF a background check for employment was completed and it came back with a charge and states that the charge was deterred and upon contacting the Count House they stated that there is no charge on the record and that they would be willing to send a copy of this file to the GEorgia Department of corrections should we then be able to hire the person or can the charge still be used against them?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't hire them if you want to. Unless you are working in an industry where the law specifically prohibits hiring someone with a particular type of conviction (for example, in my state you cannot work in a nursing home if you have been convicted of certain offenses) you can hire the person regardless of how the check comes back.

helen kline

The background check that was conducted from the state of Georgia says that there was a felony charge with the disposition was deferred. When I contacted the courthouse in the state of Florida were the incident took place they say that there is no felony charge on his record and that he is eligible to have his record expunged. What should we do in order to be eligible for employment in the state of Georgia.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, now I'm confused. Are you the applicant looking to clear your record or are you an employer who wants to hire this person?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Speak to a local attorney. I don't think anyone here knows the procedures for expungement in GA.

BTW, just because a background check shows a felony on his record doesn't automatically mean that he can't be employed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">