• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He bought the mobilehome and wont come get it??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrpisci

What is the name of your state? NY

I sold a Mobile home camper (1972) to a guy for $600 about 3 months ago. He has repeatibly called giving me excuses why can't come and get it. The camper is in my mom's driveway. I was selling it for her because my dad passed away last year. The guy purchased the camper using Red Cross money because his apartment had a fire. Now he can't get who ever he is living with (his parents I think) to allow him to park it there. I told him my mother got a citation from the town to get the unregistered vehicle removed from the driveway by Oct 1. He "promises" he will get it out but I dont think he will. What are my rights if he does not remove the camper? Assumking mom did not really get the citation.

shortbus

Tell him the price of the camper did not include storage in your driveway. Tell him you need the space back (whether you really do or not) and tell him that by some reasonable date (say Oct 1) you will consider the property abandoned and have the sheriff dispose of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">