• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clean up Resposibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnkid

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I own a rental property that will in the future have a flood control stucture constructed on it. In the process of this happening various state and federal agencies have evaluated the property and have discovered that there was a landfill operated on the site from approximatly 1930 to 1960 it has been tested and their maybe a lead issue that needs to be addressed. My question is who's responsibility is this issue to address, myself the present owner of the property (since 1985) or the operator of the landfill (local municipality)

FarmerJ

Besides seeking advice from a Atty who has good knowledge of environmental issues have you been in contact with the MPCA ( Minnesota Pollution Control Agency) to learn what information they may have for you ?

mnkid

The MPCA has done a prelim. study that identified that there maybe a issue on the property and provided the results to myself, the city, and the residents of my rental property. Their request is that a more in depth survey and be preformed and possible solution(s) be formulated and resubmitted to them for their blessing. The present status is the city has hired a engineering firm to do this study. My concern is who is going to be responsible financially for the solutions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">