• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DirectTV in the wrong?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blazingguns

What is the name of your state? MO
We have been having problems with DirectTV for 4-5 months now, we recieve a bill every month, The bill comes to the house on or around the 13th of every month, but the due date on the bill says the 2nd of that month, so it arrives 2 weeks late, I have called them on this every month to have them either bill us at the correct time, or change the billing cycle so we are not late with the payment, now this month they want to charge us double the bill, I called them on this and they said we were a month late on payment, what it comes down to is they are sending the bill a month late, for example: we got a bill this month that said it was due 8/02, the bill did not come until 8/12, That bill was paid on 8/13, the statement is for 7/13-8/12, now they are saying we have not sent in our payment for 8/13-9/12, which is now what we just got in the mail, and they are trying to bill us for 9/13-10/12, which we have not gotten in the mail and won't get that until around 10/12-10/13, in other words the bill that we got on 8/12 was actually suppose to be sent on 7/13, we did not know that they actually bill a month ahead of time, but we do pay each bill as soon as its received, so its their fault that the bill is sent a month late, we are not going to send in payment before we get the bill for receipt purposes. does this make sense? I feel they need to fix their billing on this, that we pay each bill as it comes in, we have never, ever not sent in a monthly bill, is there anything we can do, we can't pay a double payment, we have to pay the next bill the next month as always. I know its their fault, and would like to get this resolved. Just thought I would ask!!!!

shortbus

Simple. Call and say you want to cancel the service. They will connect you with someone whose job it is to do anything to prevent you from canceling. Tell them that the billing issue is driving you crazy and if they can fix it, you'll keep the service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">