• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adivice for small claims case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandma3grndkid

What is the name of your state? California

My 21 year old son is being sued in small claims court. This is a car dealer who sold my son a used car. They are saying that he did not pay $200 of the $700 down payment. The contract he has says total down payment $700 cash. This is the third contract because of difficulty finding a finance company. My son does not have a receipt for the $200 he did not get one from their agent (who does not work there anymore). My son was in an accident and this car was totalled. He bought the car in August 2004 the accident was September 29, 2004, they didn't start asking for this $200 until December 2004. What can my son use for his defense in small claims court?

His court date is September 29, 2005.

Thank You

divgradcurl

grandma3grndkid said:
What is the name of your state? California

My 21 year old son is being sued in small claims court. This is a car dealer who sold my son a used car. They are saying that he did not pay $200 of the $700 down payment. The contract he has says total down payment $700 cash. This is the third contract because of difficulty finding a finance company. My son does not have a receipt for the $200 he did not get one from their agent (who does not work there anymore). My son was in an accident and this car was totalled. He bought the car in August 2004 the accident was September 29, 2004, they didn't start asking for this $200 until December 2004. What can my son use for his defense in small claims court?

His court date is September 29, 2005.

Thank You
Any evidence that he might have that he paid the $200 -- a recipt, cancelled check, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">