• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badvodoomomma

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

We own a home in rural ND. In 2003, due to military orders, we hired a property manager to rent out our home. We did not sell the home, because we would be returning after 2 years. We returned to the home to find significant damage. My husband and I read the lease and the wording on the lease stated that "partying of any type is grounds for eviction."

Upon returning to our home, we were invited to a neighborhood bar-b-que, where the neighbors proceeded to tell us that they called the property manager on numerous occasions with regards to partying on our premises. I have names and numbers with signed affadavits that there were parties and that they had called the property manager. The property managers response to the home owners that phoned him was, "it's out of city limits there's nothing I can do."

There were two separate sets of renters, both sets of renters had parties, both set of renters signed the same lease agreement. The neighbors called on both sets of renters.

Also with the first set of renters, they owned a dog. The property manager took a pet deposit, and then returned it. While the dog caused a considerable urine smell. The property manager never went after the dog owners for the total damages (around $3200). I would like to know if I have a case for suing in small claims court for---

$1080, half of the monthly property manager's fee.
$1500, half of the dog damage fees

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

badvodoomomma said:
What is the name of your state? North Dakota

We own a home in rural ND. In 2003, due to military orders, we hired a property manager to rent out our home. We did not sell the home, because we would be returning after 2 years. We returned to the home to find significant damage. My husband and I read the lease and the wording on the lease stated that "partying of any type is grounds for eviction."

Upon returning to our home, we were invited to a neighborhood bar-b-que, where the neighbors proceeded to tell us that they called the property manager on numerous occasions with regards to partying on our premises. I have names and numbers with signed affadavits that there were parties and that they had called the property manager. The property managers response to the home owners that phoned him was, "it's out of city limits there's nothing I can do."

There were two separate sets of renters, both sets of renters had parties, both set of renters signed the same lease agreement. The neighbors called on both sets of renters.

Also with the first set of renters, they owned a dog. The property manager took a pet deposit, and then returned it. While the dog caused a considerable urine smell. The property manager never went after the dog owners for the total damages (around $3200). I would like to know if I have a case for suing in small claims court for---

$1080, half of the monthly property manager's fee.
$1500, half of the dog damage fees

Thanks
You can sue just about anyone for just about anything these days. IF you will win depends on the language of the contract between you and the property manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">