• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Do I Need An Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anumbnut

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Vermont

Hello,
In May I broke my wrist (dominant hand) in 2 places and had surgery and 3 pins were inserted for almost 8wks. The pins have since been removed and I went to Physical and Occupational Therapy for 6 wks, which has now ended.
My hand is working at only 55% at best. Workers Comp has NOT given me any problems yet, about continuing payment or returning to work. My only concern is that they will force me return to work (Satellite TV installer)when I know I cannot perform my duties, which include crawling under homes, moving heavy ladders, holding myself up in extreme places, etc. I also cannot take a restricted duty position because my job location is 2 1/2 hrs away. There is also a big chance that I could re-injure myself if I return prematurely.
Someone told me I should seek an attorney. So my question is what are the benefits to having a lawyer?

CO19

Anumbnut said:
So my question is what are the benefits to having a lawyer?
Consult with you about your rights and options that you have so that you can make an educated and informed decision. ... Check with your local bar association; many bar members offer low-fee initial consultation services.

tjr5150

A anttorney is good for alot of reason's.. Also bad for alot of reason's to.. Your workman's comp is paying you and not giving you hassle at the moment.. If the doctor tells you that you can go back to work with modified duty and your work will accomadate you then you have to try to do it.. If you don't except it then they can stop paying you... That's where talking to a attorney would be helpful.. It's free to talk

e3mrk

Ohio.
Hi. Not all people think they need a attorney,But if you want to be treated fair and not be denied your rights you should talk with one.
All I can say is thank God I spoke with one as I would have lost thousands of dollars in lost pay and medical fees.
The thing you need to remember is the W/C or anyone involved with them is not your friend or on your side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">