• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for a job in united state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apolo77

Malaysia

If I am holding a visitor visa to united state and look for a job,is it posible to get a job?If i am hired,will I got a work permit.I am a malaysian.

apolo77

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is impossible to say on the information you have provided whether or not you will qualify for a work permit or any kind of work visa. But it is exceedingly unlikely that anyone will hire you when all you hold is a vistor's visa.

apolo77

Thanks for the reply,if I understanding correctly,do u mean sure got someone hire me but cannot not guranteed got a permit?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer cannot hire you unless you are legally authorized to work in the US, which currently you are not. Since there can be no guarantee that you will qualify for a work permit before your vistor's visa runs out, or at all, the chances than an employer will take a chance on hiring you are virtually nil.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">