• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminology

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A.C Camilo

Minnesota

After I moved out of a townhouse I lived in for three (3) years, the leasing company kept my full damage deposit for some things that are deemed 'normal wear and tear' items in any lease on this planet, and for some things that they did not in fact do but charged against my damage deposit.

(1) they claimed there was excessive grease on the carpet that they had to pay for to the tune of $100 to clean off the carpet, which was untrue since I cleaned it regularly with a machine I purchased, and nobody ever was allowed to wear shoes or walk in bare feet inside ever in the three years. . . .

(2) they charged me for 7 hrs of cleaning, which is sad because that place was cleaner when I paid out almost $100 for cleaner products to clean the place and spent five days making sure everything was clean before I moved out. $210 was what they charged against my damage deposit. . . .

(3) I took the patio door to have the screen replaced because the screen was very slightly torn at the bottom of the door. But they claim they had to replace the door. $100 But what they don't know is that I etched my intials onto the door because they saw the screen torn and said they would have to replace the door a full month before I moved out even when I said I would have the screen fixed, which I did. But what they do not know is that I etched my initals on the inside of the door just in case to see if they just fixed the door, or replaced it completely. They didn't do either!

(4) They also charged me $100 to paint the garage because there was fingerprints on the walls. This is normal wear and tear . . .

I drove by the townhouse, and the garage door was opened, and the garage was NOT painted at all! I don't plan on saying anything about knowing about this until I am in court and after I ask them to admit that the entire garage was painted. The current resident is sympathetic to this deciet and is willing to sign an affidavit stating that the garage is not painted, and after letting me view my initals balatantly visible on the door, and seeing them for himself also, is willing to sign off on this as well. I am planning to take a film it with my video camera as proof, and blow a couple holes through their credibility, with the door and garage before I move onto the carpet and wear and tear things.

What I do not know though, is what the terminology is as to how I would word what I will state in my claim . . . Fraudulent charges to my damage deposit???

Last edited:

pojo2

Are these things they promised to replace or install in your rental agreement? If not you are up a creek without a paddle on that issue.

Soooo concentrate on the wear and tear issue and keep strictly to the point!

A.C Camilo

Okay now . . . the first line in my post . . . I stated that I signed an agreement. . . this is called an addendum . . . it is an agreement . . . a promise . . . a contract, to install. Nowhere in the post is the word 'replace'. Nowhere in the post is it stated that it was part of the lease. I stated that they approached me with a proposition to 'install' two things and knock $75 off of 6 months of my lease if I signed a new lease. . .

And pardon me, but I am in no means on any creek without a paddle in any aspect of the situation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">