• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im being sued because of my x-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pomeralien

What is the name of your state? NV

I just recently got served a summons for small claims court here in Clark County for a medical bill that my x wife did not pay. She originally owed an allergy doctor around 900 bucks, that due to not paying is around 2,500. She is filing for a bankruptcy, so they are now going after me. Am I liable for her debt. I believe when she was treated it was entirely under her insurance (medical). Im also pretty sure that when we were married she had everything paid up, so Im assuming that she went into default either when we were seperated or after the divorce was granted, which was just a few months later. My question is: Am I liable for everything? If she didnt pay after the divorce, am I still liable? And what if it was during seperation? Would I only be liable, if at all, for the costs that were accrued up until the divorce date? Any help is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">