• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement not fulfilled,followed by harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reddrider511

What is the name of your state?IA
Moved into a rental. My gas and lights would not be turned on untill the following day. My nosey,pushy,overbearing neighbor/aquaitance who helped me find the rental, had a friend of hers come over to the property and offered to turn the gas and lights on early. I was not sure i wanted that to happen and inquired of the what would happen if they did. They assured me that it happens all the time no big deal,the meter guy will just think someone had already been there to do the job,as he is already messing with the meter. And then ended that the i could also be fined $150.00 if it was discovered tampered with,mind you, he has already tampered with it. And says he was overly sure that it wouldn't happen and if it did he would pay the fine. The neighbor/aquaintance then piped in saying she would make sure he paid it,trying to reassure me. of course the fine happens,the neighbor/aquaitance then puts the fine on her credit card and proceeds to say she will then make her friend uphold his word. Her husband finds the charge on the bill and is unhappy,her friend refuses to pay and the fact that he said that he would pay it. So then she blames it entirely on me and is sueing me for it and both now denying that the agreement took place. I did not sign anything nor agree to anything. She is harassing my family,my boy friend and myself. I have the messages from her and anonymous people she has so freely gave my number to taped. Also on one of the messages she claims i owe her $300.00 but is sueing me for almost $600.00. My chances in court?

pojo2

Oh brother, you AGREED to an illegal act and now someone involved in that ILLEGAL act is harrassing you?

Hope ya'll ain't gonna' take this one to court!!!

seniorjudge

So you were caught committing a crime. An agreement (verbal or written) concerning a crime is void.

Period.

End of story.

Even if.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">