• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check ?s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JD24PA

What is the name of your state? PA

I am coming into my second year of employment here in PA. I recently learned that my company is initiating a policy of mandatory updates to keep personnel files current and that a background check/driver record check will be sent out on me. I had an arrest in April of this year for DUI (1st offense). I have had the majority of my hearings take place already, been offered and accepted ARD (pretrial diversion) by the district attorney, now I'm waiting to go before a judge on October 30th so that I'm officially recognized into the ARD program. I will only be out of my license for 30 days plus 6 months unsupervised probation, alcohol highway safety classes and I live within 10 min. walking distance from work. I'm wondering about what will come back to the Human Resources dept. with my background check.

(what if you were charged with a crime, accepted a pretrial program, but have not yet been officially accepted into it? will the background check come up saying that action was deferred?) The papers at the court house end with a entry of "nolle prosequi", right?)

(Also, I have yet to mention the situation to any of the higher-ups at work. I think about my mistake in April many times each day and never want to feel this guilty again. I've begun to make changes in my life and am on a better path. Do you think it would be wise to be proactive, admit the mistake to my supervisor and the fact that I'm making amends? Should I let things play out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">