• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated/injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cayman64

What is the name of your state?virginia
I WAS INJURED ON THE JOB, AND HAD 2 SURGERIES, I TOOK A FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATION TEST TO SEE IF I CAN LIFT THE REQUIRED WEIGHT TO GO BACK TO WORK , THE REQUIRED WEIGHT WAS 25 POUNDS I LIFTED 20 POUNDS AND THE TEST WAS STOPPED BY THE TECH BECAUSE MY ARM WAS HURTING AND SHE WANTED TO PREVENT ANY MORE INJURY.CAUSE OF THIS I WAS TERMINATED. MY DOCTOR AGREED WITH THE FINDING BUT HE ALSO SAID THAT WITH TIME ,AND GETTING MY ARM STONGER,I WILL BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO MY JOB , BUT I WAS TERMINATED ANYWAY. MY QUESTION IS , IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS. I ALSO ASKED IF I CAN CONTINUE DOING LIGHT DUTY THAT I WAS DOING UNTIL MY ARM GET STRONG THEY SAID NO AND JUST TERMINATED ME. PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited:

tjr5150

You can start by unlocking your caps.. You don't need to type in all capital's..
If your job can not place you in a postion to do light duty then yes they can let you go.. Also they are not required to create a postion for you either.. The good news is, since you were let go, and this is most states.. The workman's comp insurance will take over and still pay you.. Granted this is not full pay but it helps you out and is better than no pay..

e3mrk

Ohio.
If you are able to work you should check out the unemployment office in your City
They can help get you find a job or get you re-trained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">