• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired & Name "Dirtied"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sistarz

What is the name of your state? California

For the last 4.5 years I have worked for a company. On Wednesday, September 7th, I was interrogated by loss prevention and then fired a week later. The official charge was "trading copy work for free tickets." Before I transfered to this location of the company, an agreement was already in place by my Branch Manager. The Branch Manager arranged for free tickets for free work for this company. I never recieved these tickets & I was actually making members of this company pay for work.

The Loss Prevention Rep & My Branch Manager pulled my into the office and confronted me, where I told them I knew nothing about it and all of my comments were being contradicted by my Branch Manager & Loss Prevention would not believe me over him. Additionally, they kept in the room for 45 mins and then left the room. I then picked up the phone and tried to call my family, because I didn't know what to do & the loss prevention guy told me I couldn't leave. He then came back to the room abruptly and told me to get off the phone and that it made me look guilty. He left again and then my branch manager came in & I asked him what to do. He told me that everything was coming down on me and to just admit to it so he could save my job. He left again, and then both my branch manager & the Loss Prevention guy came in. I admitted to it, and then was told to write a statement. When I was finished the loss prevention guy told me I needed to write more. He then had me sign some forms. I was then put on administrative leave. I was told to leave the branch immediatley and they would contact me later about my job. I was in the room for about 3.5 hours. I was also told later that my sister had come into the branch for the last hour I was in the room and was denied access to me. Other team members in the branch were also told that I was not to receive phone calls or other messages.

A week later I was officially terminated. Which, at this point, is not such a big deal because I have a better job. However, I have received several phone calls from team members at the branch asking me questions about company work. They are continuing to call me and requesting me to give them answers. Additionally, it is also getting back to me that the sales manager, the branch manager and the district manager are saying really negative things about me, such as "she deleted all the files to get back at us." I couldn't have done this because I din't have enough time to, I was walked directly out of the branch. They are also saying things like I am "hoarding information." I am "hiding things." I have been "sabotaging things all along."

I want to put all of this behind me, but the phone calls and the negative statements are literally making me sick. I can't sleep well and have severe stomach and vomit episodes after the phone calls. In addition, the gentleman who originally made the "trade deal" with my branch manager is willing to submit a signed statement. Is any of this illegal? Is there anything I can do to stop it? Thanks for you help!

Beth3

If you didn't do what they accused you of, why did you say you did? You must have known that you were going to be terminated if you did so.

If you don't want to respond to the phone calls regarding work questions, then don't answer the phone or let your machine screen your calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">