• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donessa

I purchased a reliable product from TV using my credit card, evidentually this company gave my name and card number to another company without my knowledge. Approximately a month after purchasing this product I noticed an unexplained amount had been withdrawn from my card, when I called the company to inquire about this, I was informed who had withdrawn the amount and a number where I could reach the company. After several attempts I was finally able to get through and cancel the membership they had enrolled me in, I was informed at that time the amount would be refunded back to my card within thirty-days. It is now 5 months later and I still do not have my money back. I have made several phone calls and with each of these calls I have been guaranteed that my money would be refunded within 2 to 3 weeks. I need to know what my legal rights are and if it will be worth the money to contact an attorney. I have also written the company with no response in that area either. I live in Oklahoma.

[Edited by donessa on 11-16-2000 at 07:00 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

donessa said:
I purchased a reliable product from TV using my credit card, evidentually this company gave my name and card number to another company without my knowledge. Approximately a month after purchasing this product I noticed an unexplained amount had been withdrawn from my card, when I called the company to inquire about this, I was informed who had withdrawn the amount and a number where I could reach the company. After several attempts I was finally able to get through and cancel the membership they had enrolled me in, I was informed at that time the amount would be refunded back to my card within thirty-days. It is now 5 months later and I still do not have my money back. I have made several phone calls and with each of these calls I have been guaranteed that my money would be refunded within 2 to 3 weeks. I need to know what my legal rights are and if it will be worth the money to contact an attorney. I have also written the company with no response in that area either.
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">