• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sell of TV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AllAboutMoney

What is the name of your state?OR My boyfriend and I have lived in Oregon 1 year but been together 4 years. A month ago, I guess due to stress flipped out , packed his clothes and moved back to Iowa. I have not talked to him since he left. Through this month he had his name removed from the house lease and utlities. I am now responsible. Well on the way to Iowa he emptied our joint checking and savings, which left me with no money. I stayed at home and took care of the house, yard, finances, etc. and he worked. My question is: He left a 42' in. Television that I have a buyer for . I know my boyfriend has not finished paying this tv off and it is only in his name. May I sell it? I ask because my rent is due on the 1st. and I have been applying for jobs but have not been hired yet and he took all our money. I am trying to sell whatever I can in the house so I don't get evicted and have to live on the street. I have no family nor anyone to help me. Thank you for your reply.

racer72

Your biggest problem is the TV does not legally belong to your ex or you, it belongs to whoever financed it. If you sell it, either your ex or the creditor could hold you liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">