• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i contact a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waylo13

What is the name of your state?ohio, I was hurt on the job 5 weeks ago, since the accident ive had 4 surgeries in 5 days. ive had a big toe amputation ,skin graph and a flap done the flap was done twice because it failed the first time do to a blood clot in the upper leg. I was in hospital for 12 days,was given four units of blood becase of the clot and graph. i have two or maybee even 3 more sugeries its been hell and the foot still looks and feels awful. w/c is paying for all the medical stuff so far and my employer is paying me full pay. just don't no what to do? how much time do i have before i can't take legal action? any info will be gratefull thanks

Beth3

You only would need to engage the services of a WC attorney if you thought your WC claim was being improperly handled, e.g. if the employer denied liability, if your medical and lost wages weren't being paid, etc. Obviously that's not the case here. In fact your employer is being much more generous than they need to be. They do not have to pay you full pay while you are on WC leave. Each State's WC reg's provide that indemnity (lost time) benefits are paid at a percentage of the employee's wages at the time of injury. I don't know what it is in Ohio but it's likely either 85% or 66-2/3%, which are the common WC income replacement requirements mandated by the various States.

Right now, you just need to continue on with the healing process. At such time as you are further down the road of recovery, you may wish to consult with a WC attorney just to get an idea what additional benefits you may be entitled to, including vocational rehabilitation of your injury prevents you from returning to your prior job/career field. In the meantime though, your WC claim looks like it is being very well handled by your employer and their insurance company and you just don't need to worry about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">