• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banned from a 1 million dollar contest - trumped up claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JTM3

What is the name of your state?California

i play a game called RYL (Risk your life www.ryl.net) that was, until recently, running a contest for 1 million dollars. i am not a popular figure in the community that has formed around this, while doing nothing abnormal or wrong (against the tos) i have been trashed about and defamed on numerous occasions by officials from the game. i was on my way to qualifying in the tournament (ranked #2 with 1 day remaining) when i received an e-mail stating i was banned from the game until further notice, this just days after they announced the suspension of the contest due to "unfair tournament activity, and non-compliance with Tournament rules and regulations in the form of fraudulent tournament play".i have since been accused of something directly (through filing a claim with the BBB) this is why they claim i was banned.
"Mr. Moore was actively involved with his Guild and other sub-guilds in "fame farming". Using multiple characters, Mr. Moore actively participated with others to gain or generate "fame" status from one another, thereby gaining an unfair advantage over other Tournament participants. Once Mr. Moore unfairly gained his advantage, it was impossible for honest players to reach the same "fame" levels and thereby compromised the integrity and fairness of the Tournament. Mr. Moore's scheme created an unfair advantage over honest players and discouraged other players from participating in the Tournament due to a "fame" lead that was impossible for honest players to overcome. "
the above statement issued by the company on 9-14-2005 is 100% false. i want to fight them, seek compensation for the time and money i wasted on thier fraudulant contest. is there anything i can do? this is total bull i have never been involved in any illegal activies during the duration of the tournament. truth is they just wanted a reason to cancel thier trounament and thought they could pick on me. if i made it impossible for honest players to compete with me through illegal means, then why was i #2 and why were the top 6 or so other competitors so close to me in points? and why was i the only one banned, if honest players couldnt keep up with me then the people who did must have been cheaters as well, why arent they banned (im the only one)

Last edited:

JTM3 said:
What is the name of your state?California

i play a game called RYL (Risk your life www.ryl.net) that was, until recently, running a contest for 1 million dollars. i am not a popular figure in the community that has formed around this, while doing nothing abnormal or wrong (against the tos) i have been trashed about and defamed on numerous occasions by officials from the game. i was on my way to qualifying in the tournament (ranked #2 with 1 day remaining) when i received an e-mail stating i was banned from the game until further notice, this just days after they announced the suspension of the contest due to "unfair tournament activity, and non-compliance with Tournament rules and regulations in the form of fraudulent tournament play".i have since been accused of something directly (through filing a claim with the BBB) this is why they claim i was banned.
"Mr. Moore was actively involved with his Guild and other sub-guilds in "fame farming". Using multiple characters, Mr. Moore actively participated with others to gain or generate "fame" status from one another, thereby gaining an unfair advantage over other Tournament participants. Once Mr. Moore unfairly gained his advantage, it was impossible for honest players to reach the same "fame" levels and thereby compromised the integrity and fairness of the Tournament. Mr. Moore's scheme created an unfair advantage over honest players and discouraged other players from participating in the Tournament due to a "fame" lead that was impossible for honest players to overcome. "
the above statement issued by the company on 9-14-2005 is 100% false. i want to fight them, seek compensation for the time and money i wasted on thier fraudulant contest. is there anything i can do? this is total bull i have never been involved in any illegal activies during the duration of the tournament. truth is they just wanted a reason to cancel thier trounament and thought they could pick on me. if i made it impossible for honest players to compete with me through illegal means, then why was i #2 and why were the top 6 or so other competitors so close to me in points? and why was i the only one banned, if honest players couldnt keep up with me then the people who did must have been cheaters as well, why arent they banned (im the only one)

I have no legal advice to offer you, just commisseration. You see, I too was in an on-line contest. It was on this very site and I had a chance to win a new Corvette. The man who runs the contest is very mean and would not let me vote. So I know how you feel.

racer72

It's their game and they can run it how they see fit. The only claim you have is for any actual costs to join the contest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">