• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can an employer be held responsible for making you work with a doctors excuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PamelaHayes

I am in Virginia,
I had an accident at work 9-1-05, I went to the dr. the next day. I presented the Dr. note to my boss, who said i did not give enough notice, that I had to be there. I was made to work with the possibility of a hairline fracture of my elbow. I was also medicated with narcotics and muscle relaxers. :eek:

PamelaHayes

I had an altercation with my boss, she accused me of lying and stealing
and made me prove what i had.
I fell,
and i was a manager at a fast food place.

Beth3

Your employer isn't obligated to honor your doctor's note although it's usually a good idea to do so. If you fell at work, they are responsible for your WC claim. If requiring you to work the day following your injury worsened your medical condition, then the employer would have more medical bills to pay.

You can't sue your employer for not complying with your doctor's note, if that's what you're wondering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">