• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend/family member won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbsta4d

What is the name of your state?MO
my husband and i sold a car on payments to a friend/family member. he talked us into signing the title over because his fiance was pregnant and already had a one yr old and no way to get to dr appt. and such. since he was a close family member/friend we never even thought to put a lein on the title it has been 2 months and we have only received 25.00. we told them they would have to pay or sign the car back over. we were told no they wont pay, then the idiot went to the police told them the story and asked if they would have to give the car back. i have no clue what the police said and i have no idea what to do. we do have witnesses to this will it help at all or are we just screwed out of our money and car. any advice would be helpful thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mbsta4d said:
What is the name of your state?MO
my husband and i sold a car on payments to a friend/family member. he talked us into signing the title over because his fiance was pregnant and already had a one yr old and no way to get to dr appt. and such. since he was a close family member/friend we never even thought to put a lein on the title it has been 2 months and we have only received 25.00. we told them they would have to pay or sign the car back over. we were told no they wont pay, then the idiot went to the police told them the story and asked if they would have to give the car back. i have no clue what the police said and i have no idea what to do. we do have witnesses to this will it help at all or are we just screwed out of our money and car. any advice would be helpful thank you

My response:

There's a reason why you live in a trailer park State like Missouri. This is one of those reasons. When you get rid of the "stupids," then we might allow you to move to a West Coast State. Until then, you'll continue making dumb-ass decisions like you did with your family/friend.

IAAL

mbsta4d

well thank you very much, i wanted an honest answer guess i got it. i guess u r right i am stupid for trying to help someone in need.

JETX

mbsta4d said:
we do have witnesses to this will it help at all or are we just screwed out of our money and car.
By them having the vehicle AND the title, you have pretty much lost any 'easy' legal remedy.
Your only recourse now is to file a small claims suit against them, bring your witnesses and any other proof of your version to court and hope the court agrees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">